4/25/2013

Sakura Sakura

So many trees are in bloom now. It's like a real life animeee~ Ovo

<- This photo was taken in 2007. There are these awesome young cherry trees in front of my house and I love them. The pink ones are the "classic" pink Japanese sakura trees you can always see in romantic anime.
2008. I can't really remember when these trees were planted here, but as an avid nature and tree lover person, I was so happy when they started blossoming every spring.
2009. The white ones are so pretty here.
This is also from 2009, but the other side. These trees are more beautiful because a lady who lives in the other side of the house took care of them and she was watering them a lot.
2011. They were still quite pretty in this year, but the summer was hot and their leaves started becoming yellow earlier than they should have. We kept watering them that summer. However, they grew only a few flowers in 2012, I didn't even take photos of them that year.
2013. I see this and it breaks my heart. They are dead, DEAD. All of my beloved pink trees are dead on this side and most of the white ones too. It's the end of April and only two of the white trees are blossoming. I blame myself because I was working all summer last year and didn't pay that much attention to the trees. I think I was the only one on this side who actually cared about them, but then even I abandoned them...


3 trees on the other side are still quite beautiful thanks to the neighbour lady, especially the one next to the lamp - that one has always been the most beautiful. However, even one of those trees seems to have died down and the one in the back doesn't have leaves or flowers on the highest part of its branches anymore. Maybe they were actually infected with some disease...

So yeah... I'm a simple person who can easily get happy or sad because of small things like this. I was hoping they would at least grow leaves eventually, but they are still naked, ugly and dead. :( I feel that the entire world is slowly getting ravaged around me. The places where I used to play as a child are getting destroyed, plants and older people I used to know are dying. Everything is changing and I don't like it. Sometimes I wish I could go back to those happy carefree times when I was a child, everything was simpler yet more colourful and even time passed more slowly. Ugh, growing up sucks...

Ok, I'd better stop rambling about nonsense and post a few sketches...

Roy and Riza, my holy OTP, yeaaah. I did this like... over a week ago, but stopped working on it for some reason. I originally wanted to do a lineart for it, but I like the sketch too much and I'm afraid I'd ruin it with a bad lineart. So I think I'm gonna clean and refine it a bit more and then slap some quick colours on it.
I'm not gonna tell what inspired this... -___-;

And this is a crapstatic Judal/Judar from Magi. I tried to draw some random pose I normally don't draw, but I messed up his right leg. I have a love/hate relationship with this character. I think he's shallow. He doesn't get to be in the spotlight enough to become deep or lovable enough to me. But sometimes he's kind of cool...? Or just so eccentric and rude that it seems cool. And I like his character song. :O

I don't have any more to post atm because I'm frigging lazy. I should really finish up and post that Sinbad I did about 2 months ago (you know, the one where he's in his alternate orange outfit, which looks kinda like a rag that is about to fall off of him), but I already have so many sketches of him it's getting ridiculous. I'm not even a Sinbad fangirl, he's just too fun to draw, gaaah... And I miss drawing my precious brother-obsessed baby, Vincent.
My internet is utter crap lately. I'm currently using Skype to determine when I can click on things without having to worry about getting a "page not found" error. (The small green icon usually turns gray when my modem disconnects.) I wanted to link some songs and a cute animation, but my connection is so bad at the moment that I'll be lucky if I manage to post this entry... :B

No comments:

Post a Comment