4/07/2014

Random Ramblings of Randomness

Warning: This post is not going to make much sense. Read at your own risk.

First of all, I have no new drawings to post. I'm writing this now because I'm on 'holiday'. I'm currently working at the local town hall and we had to take a day off after the elections. I wanted to go to the doctor, but the receptionist told me I should have called and asked for an appointment first. Well, fuck. I've been going there for years now and I could just go, give them my health card and wait till they called me. Apparently, you need to call them to get an appointment now. Just for a frickin' prescription. :| I don't even know when I'm going to call them because I'm at work at the time you can actually call them. Oh well.

In connection with the elections - We always have to go to my old elementary school to vote and the drawings I did while I was a student there are still on the walls of the corridors. Looking at them now makes me think I really sucked at art back then (I did those when I was in 5th or 6th grade), but at the same time it's nice that they still didn't throw them out and replaced them with works by new students.

Putting the rest under a "Read More" because I feel like it.

I really haven't managed to draw much since my latest Break fanart. I've only been working on my Baal!Sin sketch. Ok, now let me ramble about the differences in Baal!Sin's design because as a fanartist, it frustrates me.
So, we have the scene when Sin gets his stolen metal vessels back in Balbadd and he goes Baal mode for the first time in the series. He seems to have horn-like things coming out of his forehead, he still has his hair tied in a low ponytail and scales cover his arms partially. His shoulders are bare too. And it seems he has claws on his fingers.

Now when Baal!Sin returns in chapter 194 (the end of season 2 in the anime), his Baal form is different. He doesn't seem to have the horn things anymore, instead his forehead jewel ends in two lighning-shaped pieces. His hair is a lot different, it looks more messy and longer and it's all loose like Focalor's. His arms are fully covered by scales, which go up all the way on his shoulders and end in a round collar-like shape above his collarbones. The piece hanging from his neck seems to be bigger too.

And then there's also this from a Magi smartphone game:
Looks more like season 1 Baal!Sin, though the pose seems to imitate this scene in the manga:
 Somehow he looks bigger and more powerful here. :O Also he has normal human hands on one pic and then blue dragon hands with scales and/or claws on other pics...

So yeah, I know these are just minor things, but there are lots of inconsistencies in the djinn equip designs in Magi. For example Kougyoku has the same inconsistent hand problem. :B
Speaking of Sinbad, I found this pixiv artist not too long ago and their Magi stuff is so great. They have all those Sinbad-centric logs and the AU ideas like the magi!Sinbad and Kou!Sinbad (R-18) are just so damn cool and they make me fangirl so hard. *A* (The little comic comparing one day of Sinbad and Kouen in the R-18 log is adorable too.) Ok, I'll shut up about Sinbad now.

To tell the truth, I've been going on tumblr and playing The Sims 3 instead of drawing a lot. I installed The Sims 3 because The Sims 2 didn't work properly on my new Windows and then I realized how much I liked messing around in this game. I actually really like raising kids in The Sims, but one thing that bothers me about The Sims 3 is that the kids will always get the same voice plus they can only have "male voice 1" and "female voice 1" when they grow up, so if you play long enough, everyone will have the same voice eventually. I also don't like how you can't have control over different families at the same time. The Sims 3 is not for avid sims players like me who like to have big families and follow sims' lives through generations, I think it's more fun to play with a few sims and use cheats to get money. The "default" sims that are in the game when you start are much better than the random sims the game generates later on too. So yeah, I'm kind of already bored with the game, but still start it sometimes because why not.
This is the 4th family I made and started a new game with. It was only a young married couple first, but they had a daughter pretty soon. Idk how I managed to have a daughter as first child (I usually get a baby boy), but her little brother was born soon and last time I played, the woman got pregnant with the 3rd child. And they are still just young adults. XD The guy might be the best looking sim dude I've ever managed to create and he's charismatic and very popular with the ladies. Even his daughter loves him more than anyone else, hahaha.

Ok, that was enough stupidy for now, lol. On a bit more serious note... if you don't even bother finding my message among your messages and reply to it, please don't say you love talking to me. I don't care what you are into or where you post things, I just wanted to keep in touch. I'm a little fed up now. Fed up because I have to realize again and again that all of my "online friendships" are fueled by fandoms and nothing else. It's foolish to delude myself with hopes that these friendships could be anything more. Once the fandom changes, everything changes. That is all.
Let's hope I can find some more nice Magi fans I can have fun chats with~

No comments:

Post a Comment