5/15/2014

May = baby birds

EDIT:  Ok, I think there are SEVEN chickadees, lol. I counted 7 the next morning.

Oh my god. I've never seen so many little chickadees in my window at the same time. 8D
Me and my family have been feeding birds for years now. Last winter only a few sparrows came, so we almost stopped feeding them, but around the end of February, we occasionally started seeing chickadees, greenfinches and goldfinches as well. There was a pair of chickadees that started coming regularly. They came more and more and we figured it must have been because they started raising their little ones. We've been hearing the young chickadees chirping for a couple of weeks now, but they didn't invade our window until today. Today was raining all day and it was also "chickadee invasion day". It happened before that they brought their kids, but never so many at the same time. X'D Imagine 5-6 little fluff balls chirping in your window. IT'S THE CUTEST THING. I swear they have at least 5 or 6 chicks because we could count this many at once. Yesterday and the day before, we watched the little sparrows, but most of them disappeared today. Maybe they were afraid of the chickadee army, lol.
I managed to take a few photos with my phone:

There are 5 of them here. It was hard to take photos of so many without scaring them away.

Two of them. They can eat by themselves now, but they still start chirping and asking for food when the parent birds appear, lol.

And here's a random sunset photo I took a few years ago. I must say there's a wonderful view from my window. I love living here. I'm really going to miss this place when I have to move one day.

Alright, this has been yet another pointless post. I could post a few wips and sketches, but I won't do that now. Maybe when I have more.

No comments:

Post a Comment