10/28/2013

Photos and some stupid things

Ok, so I decided to log in here again and ramble about stupid things nobody cares about. 8D My birthday was yesterday, it wasn't anything special, I got some money from relatives I'm not gonna spend on anything like always and I also got a new coat from mom. I finally uploaded the photos from my digital camera to the computer, so let's post a few things here...

I finally have a new keyboard. My old one was so old you couldn't read the letters and numbers on it any longer. I got this one in August as some kind of early b-day present, lol. It's fluorescent too.

 This is my 'monster' orchid. It was originally a birthday present for my grandmother, but it's in my room now. It's 4 years old now and it blooms from around April to September. When you see these in stores, they usually have about 3-6 flowers, but this one had TWELVE this year.

And these are my mother's violets. I have no clue what kind of positive energies the plants must be receiving in our apartment, but these babies just keep blooming non-stop. XD

The cherry trees were all cut out in September, though. *sad*

NOW THEN... let's post some sketches as well~

Waka!Sin + child!Ja'far sketchy from the end of September. Apparently, I have a fetish for these two. I actually prefer drawing them together like that instead of their adult versions. They are cuter, hahah~
This was a super fast sketch, but I thought it turned out okay for a super fast sketch.

This was my sketchy wip for this. I made a few changes in the process, but not that much. This contest was a good excuse for me to finally draw fanart for the Gilbert in Wonderland omake. :D

Doodle of some of my favourite guys~ I sort of copied these from official artworks and manga panels because I wanted to stick to the original styles. Magi is not as ugly as I first thought... FMA is still uglier... XD; Also, Roy and Sinbad are the same age, but Sinbad is like 10 cm taller, hahaha, shorty Roy~

EWWW, this is crap, don't look. I doodled this last week, it was originally Sin sitting with some drink in his hand, but I couldn't get his hand right and then somehow it turned into this. I can't anatomy, so blehheghugh. But I love this guy because he's totally in character even if you don't draw him clothes.

I'm gonna die tomorrow. Or not. But then I'm gonna die next week. X___x
Also, I'm randomly addicted to this song:

Oh yeah, and there's been too much Sinbad on this blog lately. I'll now write a small rant on this matter and I'm putting it under a cut for reasons...

I kinda sorta hate myself for loving Magi. I also hate myself for loving Sinbad, but seeing I can't stop sketching him, I must admit it's an obsession now.
I think it all started when I saw this fanart of Sinbad in the Realism Anime group I'm in on deviantART. I also remember faving fanarts of Alibaba, Ja'far and Masrur on dA even before knowing anything about them. There's lots of amazing fanart of Magi and there isn't even that much on dA. Pixiv on the other hand...
I just randomly started watching the first season of Magi about a year ago. Somehow I had a feeling Sinbad would turn out to be my fave character, but I really didn't know anything about Magi before I started watching it, so I didn't know what exactly to expect. So when Sinbad appeared in episode 7, I kinda laughed my ass off at him and he became an instant favourite of mine. He's actually not such a funny character, he's serious and smart when he needs to be. But then he has these... moments. XD
I didn't know what to think of him at first, he actually annoyed me a bit with his Gary Stu-ness (in fact, it still annoys me), seriously, Sinbad is like Mr. Perfect - everybody loves him and wants him as an ally or wants to destroy him because he's too powerful. But the story and the characters intrigued me, so I read the manga while the anime was still in the beginning of the Balbadd arc and the Sindria arcs won me over. The incident with Kougyoku was the funniest thing I'd read in a manga in a long while. It was almost Pandora Hearts episode 20 level hilarity to me. And then later before Aladdin starts his journey to Magnostadt, Sinbad shows a different side of himself, which was probably the last little push that shoved me down into the inescapable fangirl Hell. XD
I remember when he returned to the story around 80 chapters later and I saw a spoiler of his glorious Baal djinn equip form on tumblr, I had a pretty serious fangirl moment, lol. And then in the beginning of the 2nd season of the anime too. -___-;;;
So yeah, Sinbad may not be the best character ever, but he's really fun and I love his character design, so I doubt I can stop drawing him anytime soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment