8/30/2013

Magi things

So I really did take a short break from drawing. I didn't do even a single doodle between August 5 and August 26. But then the 194th chapter of Magi came out... and what a wonderful chapter it is... 8D;
Lol. So yeah, I didn't draw much and even that "not much" was only Magi. But now I feel like I'm ready to get back to drawing. I bought an external HDD before the holiday and now all my drawings are on it because I'm still not sure for how long my computer will be okay. I'm still in the process of getting rid of some old unfinished doodles and files I don't need any longer.
But enough of rambling, let's post some drawings!

I drew this random Judal when I didn't have internet at all one evening. I don't like this guy very much. In the beginning, I actually expected myself to end up liking him more but... I don't like his personality, only sometimes. I don't like his outfit. I don't like his hair. He doesn't get enough screentime. He's a shallow character. I don't even find him attractive looking, he's too skinny.
WHY DO I DRAW HIM THEN??
I have no clue. To tell the truth, my entire Magi obsession is like that. I *know* the series is bad, but for some mysterious reason, I'm attracted to it. :B

Sinbad returned in his glorious Baal form in Chapter 194 and the Magi fandom was screaming so loud I could almost hear it from here, lol. I just had to do this really quick scribble of him.

Focalor!Sinbad and Kougyoku. I was talking to Nolven on deviantART about the lack of fanart of these two together and it inspired me to draw something with them. I started drawing this only yesterday, but rushed all the way to the base colours. I wish my anatomy skills were better, though...
I don't consider SinKou to be as fluffy as you may assume. One thing I like about Sinbad is the way he bounds others to himself. At first I thought he was manipulating Kougyoku only on an emotional level, but then it was implied that Zepar's powers might have gone farther than just putting her to sleep once... Kougyoku is a little butterfly who got caught in the spider's web. I wonder who she will choose if she has to choose between Sinbad and Kouen.
I drew FocaSin because FocaSin is everyone's favourite djinn equip and he looks evil somehow. Powerful, threatening and attractive at the same time. Evil is sexy. I like drawing Sinbad because he's pretty, but not in an overly effeminate way.

This is all for now. Lately, I find new music and song obsessions by going through fan soundtracks, AMVs and music posts of RP and fan blogs on tumblr. It helps me draw, so I do hope I can finish at least that Sinbad/Kougyoku drawing soon. I even found a rather "dark" FST for Sinbad.
Speaking of music, I was listening to the album Bad Blood by Bastille today. Such a fun album~ I didn't know this band at all, I just randomly came across the song "Flaws" on tumblr a short while ago and got obsessed with it. Then I found some more good songs and then got this album. "Icarus" is my favourite at the moment. <3
Here, listen to it:

No comments:

Post a Comment