2/18/2011

Fighting poses practice

Super quick doodles. I keep hearing that I should use photos as references, but it's really hard to find good photos of people in dynamic poses like these. However, I read mangas. 8D And series like the korean manga (manhwa) Threads of Time are full of awesome dynamic fight scenes. I think the proportions are really good in this series and the style is nice. So yeah, these were all referenced on panels from this manhwa. I drew them all in a few seconds/minutes. (Btw, I really like those thick eyebrows manhwakas tend to draw in some Korean series. XDD)
Not many people would think, but I'm actually quite a fan of seinen mangas. Threads of Time is the first historical seinen I've read by a female mangaka. For some reason, I had a feeling the author was female. Maybe because of the main guy's cuteness or because of the bare-chested bad guy. XD Unfortunately, the story is not that breathtakingly interesting or epic, but still pretty good. The big plot twist was pretty cool, although it didn't make much sense if you ask me. ^^;;; Anyway, I recommend this series if you aren't afraid of some cruel things like beheading innocent women and children or gang-raping a comatose woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment