2/26/2011

PH Valentine's day pic + Manga rant

So, this is something that was drawn by my dear friend, KGX347 at deviantART. Her original.
I just asked her if I could colour it and she said yes. Then I decided to redo the ENTIRE lineart digitally to practice digital inking (cuz I suck at it). It took me a few days, but I'm finally done with the inking. Hopefully, I'll start colouring it tomorrow. 8D

I heard today that xxxHolic was finished, so I went to read the last 3 chapters. The ending was kind of unsatisfying, though I kinda stopped liking this series when TRC ended. I think they should have ended it just with Watanuki inheriting the store and waiting for Yuuko. This last part was totally boring in my opinion. It made me like the whole series less. :\
I also finished Vampire Game a few days ago. It was a pretty good series. Nothing too epic, but it was pretty cute.
I didn't like:
- Illsaide. Seriously, that kid totally annoyed me. He was more powerful than almost everyone else, yet he was a stupid brainless douchebag, who never knew what he really wanted and kept hesitating and tinkering away throughout the whole story. Still, a lot of people loved him for some reason. I rarely dislike characters, but I really didn't like him. >:[
- My favourite character died. (Although this can be a positive thing as well, I love drama.)
- However, Illsaide didn't die. XD;;;;;
- The art. It was okay and shoujo-y, but I didn't like the proportions and the way the characters' mouths were drawn on their faces. When their mouths were open, I kept thinking that it looked off, I don't know why.
- Duzell was a vampire, right? Then why didn't he need to suck blood? (Or maybe he did, but the author thought that mentioning it wasn't important.)
- Everyone fell in love with everyone. That's why I don't like shoujo...
- Even the fairly intelligent characters did some really stupid things sometimes. Also, Duzell was ridiculously weak and stupid for a vampire king. Although they do mention this a couple of times. XD
- I kept thinking that the author was trying really hard to force some shounen-ai into the story, but it came out awkward at times.
I liked:
- The story was enjoyable and had some relatively good twists.
- I liked the humorous stuff most of the time.
- The characters were quite likeable, I guess. Although I wasn't crazy about anyone.
- The ending was pretty good, although I did feel like the author was rushing a bit and didn't explain some things in the last two volumes. Plus you could see it coming after reading the very first volume (or maybe first two volumes).

Oh, and today, I searched for some more Sound Horizon things and found this Dream Port single (?), that is a collaboration work between Revo and one of my fave Japanese "anime composers", Yuki Kajiura. 8D I'm currently obsessed with the 2nd song from it, it has practically the same melody as the first song, but this one is typically Yuki Kajiura-ish, it could be a song from the Pandora Hearts or Tsubasa Chronicles OSTs.

No comments:

Post a Comment