3/31/2011

How I drew as a kid? + Alice shimeji?

I found an old CD I made in 2004 when I was scanning a lot of my old drawings and getting rid of the originals. Let's post some drawings from it! 8D

I'm still proud of this. XD I was in 3rd or 4th grade when I drew it (I was about 9-10). It's supposed to be an illustration for a Hungarian folk tale. I think we had to draw the beginning and the ending in a two-panel comic like picture. The one who did the outlining with markers as a finishing touch was my mother.

I guess this is from about the same time as the previous one, though a bit later. This was my "let's copy Disney" era. This is Bambi. But I also learned to draw relatively decent dogs thanks to Lady and the Tramp. I never drew human characters, though. I simply hated drawing them.

A small drawing coloured with markers. I can still see the Disney influence~~

I drew this in 3rd grade. I always had trouble with drawing noses and there was a time when I simply didn't draw noses at all. XD I think I must have copied that bird from something, it's too good, lol.

This one is from a series I drew in a notebook in 1997. PicĂșr, a stray dog who lived near our park and we used to feed him. He/She was a young dog and was there for long months. My best friend and I played with him/her a lot, it was almost like having a dog for real. Good times.

This is from around 5th-6th grade, I think. My animals began developing personalities at that time.

From the same time as the previous dog. I was also a big fan of horses aside from dogs. I drew dogs and horses most of the time.

Okay, that's enough for now. I have a few even older things I wanted to upload, but the files are too big and I'm too lazy to resize them right now. So, that's how I drew as a child. People said I was good. I usually had to enter different competitions and I actually won some prizes. My first success was getting 2nd place at the local art contest in my school as a 2nd grader (I was only 7 or 8).

ANYWAY, I randomly decided to make a shimeji ("desktop buddy") today. I wanna do Alice from Pandora Hearts. 8D I'm not sure if I'm gonna finish it, because it seems pretty darn time-consuming, but I'll try.
This is the first frame. Now I have only 45 more to draw... 8D;;;;;

No comments:

Post a Comment